Monday, August 5, 2013

Manic Monday

Soooooooooo, before I really get started blog-rolling here I just want to make it clear that I'm well aware that I missed day #4 of the blogalong.  However, I really did have a good excuse.  I received the unfortunate news Saturday night that my beloved Uncle passed away after fighting a long 7-month battle with pancreatic cancer.  Had lots of family things to take care of on top of a not-so-typical hellacious Sunday at work.  UGH.

Without further adoooooo, here is where my life gets interesting.

This started out as a typical blah ass Monday.  Woke up to get ready for work, couldn't find jack crap ANYWHERE.  Finally just said to heck with it, grabbed whatever clothes I first saw, threw them on, brushed my hair and walked out the door.  Enter the storms.  OMG it stormed this morning.  Go to the gas station...all the pumps are shut down.  UGH.  Already irritated, I get to work and there are NO parking spots near my building, which means I got to walk a mile in the rain because my manpet (aka my husband) or my child, one or the other, has decided to take the 100th umbrella I've bought, out of my car.  Now drowned-rattish and even more irritated I walk into a dark office...nobody is there. Before I EVEN get the damn computer turned on the doctors start calling wanting their dictation YESTERDAY.

Continue hellish work day for another 7.5 hours!

Get off work to the most wonderful news that my manpet has finally acquired yet another client in his new web development business.  A rather biggie!!!  Sooooooo, on top of the one item I went to Michael's to purchase, I treated myself to a rather larger heap of craft goodies...including, Golden Liquid Acrylics, more aquamarkers (LOVE these things), fixative, charcoal, more storage boxes and new canvases.  ALL ON SALE!!!!

Now I'm going to go treat myself to a private arty party.  I deserve it.

And.....THANK YOU EFFY for the recipe....it worked PERFECTLY!  MWAH!!!

Until next time I will leave you with what I have done to my gothie girlie.  Not even close to being done, but definitely improving!




No comments:

Post a Comment